Yummy Mummy Christmas Biscuits
Christmas is a time of year when baking is a must!! and biscuits are always in the agenda. But it’s easy to get carried away and eat too many, because let’s face it, they’re lush!!
But try these lower calorie alternatives and you can have fun, and enjoy eating them without feeling guilty
- 7oz plain flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ½ oz/100g low-fat spread suitable for baking such as Flora Light
- 1 ½ oz/42g Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp of sprinkles - choose your own from the supermarket aisle.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, spices, low-fat spread and Splenda until well combined and then stir in the beaten egg.
- Bring the dough together, wrap in cling film, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Remove, divide the dough into two, and roll each piece out to 5mm thick.
- Cut out using a 2in/5cm star cutter (this is what I use but you can use whichever one you want) and place onto a non-stick baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- To decorate, mix the icing sugar with just enough water to make athin icing and drizzle on each biscuit.
- Decorate with the sprinkles and leave to set.
- As a super cute idea, when you're cutting out the shapes, put a little hole in each, and thread ribbon through once dry and hang them on the tree :)
- Don't forget to eat them though! x