We are all uncool #wearealluncool
If you know me, you’ll know I’m a bit of an Instagram addict, and as with all Social Media platforms (apart from Facebook) people like to brag or show off, or share the good things of life.. But all that gets boring right? Makes us feel inadequate much of the time, looking at beautfiul people taking 100s of selfies at every opportunity… or showing off their abs (which have probably been photoshopped anyway)
So, imagine my delight when I stumbled across a fab profile called @wearealluncool
they’re inviting users to embrace their individualities & imperfections..
It’s not often we get the opportunity to share things in our lives that we tend to keep closed off from public, yet we all have issues and problems we deal with every single day. So why not talk about it?
Maybe you’re embarrassed, or scared or just don’t know where to turn to.
Well I decided to share my imperfections (well some of them) on my Instagram page…
Here’s my input.
Just stumbled across this awesome profile @wearealluncool instead of bragging on social media about how good you are…they’re asking us to embrace our imperfections…so here’s mine..
1. I’ve suffered with depression for the past 9 years. I got the all clear back in 2009 but it came back again without warning the end of last year. So for now prozac is my friend. And I’m not ashamed of that. Im in a happy place again.
2. Im quite a shy person and dont do big social crowds very well. In rubbish at small talk so one to one situations i also struggle with. But I am better than i was when i was younger. Id walk around the whole village to get to the shop just to avoid the group of kids i had to walk past
3. I find it hard to trust people and let people in so I’ve only got a few close friends. One of which has been my best friend since i was 3.
4. I hate the way I look most of the time, and have anxieties and hangups about how i look in clothes. I look crap in the latest trends so i just wear whatever i feel comfortable in
5. I wasnt allowed to wear makeup until i was 14, so i tend not to wear much now..or even know how to apply it like most girls
Feel free to join in…#wearealluncool #aboutme #notashamed #proudofmyself #strong #strength
Lots of love