Spinach, tomato & red pepper cannelloni
Yummy dinner for the whole family to enjoy on any winters night.
Spinach tomato & red pepper cannelloni
Yummy and filling dinner for the whole family. Feels really indulgent and perfect for the winter nights.
Write a review
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 level tbs tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500g pack spinach (washed)
- 250g tub quark
- salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- a large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pint skimmed milk
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 12 cannelloni pasta tubes
- 25g/1oz bunch basil leaves
- 56g/2oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated (I buy Kerry Low Low cheese already grated)
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion, red pepper and garlic for 10 minutes Stir in the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes with 113ml/4floz of water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cook the spinach, according to the pack instructions. Drain well and squeeze out the water. Cook a little and chop roughly. Place in a bowl and mix with the quark, some seasoning and the nutmeg.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of the milk with the cornflour and whisk into the remaining milk. Pour into the saucepan and heat gently, stirring. Bring up to a simmer and cook for 1 minutes.
- Spread half of the tomato and pepper sauce in a large oven proof dish. Stuff the cannelloni tubes with the spinach mixture, arrange in the dish and spoon over the remaining sauce. Scatter over the basil leaves and finish with white sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake in the oven at 190c/gas mark 5 for 40 minutes. Serve with a large mixed salad
Yummy Mummy Weight Loss Plan http://yummymummyweightlossplan.co.uk/