Pork in Chilli Sauce
Spice up your taste buds and spice up your pork with this easy peasy recipe
Pork in chilli sauce
Write a review
- 500g lean pork loin steaks, all visible fat removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped (or 2, if you prefer spicier food)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes + 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tsp granulated sweetener
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- Cut the pork into small pieces, discarding any excess fat.
- Frylight a deep frying pan, heat, then add the pork and stir-fry over a high heat until golden.
- Add the onion, chilli, garlic and cumin and cook together for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, tomatoes and tomato puree and bring up to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the sweetener, chickpeas and green pepper. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes, until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened
Yummy Mummy Weight Loss Plan http://yummymummyweightlossplan.co.uk/