Low calorie Easter cupcakes
Why should you miss out just because you want to eat healthy?
Here’s a yummy low calorie recipe for some gorgeous scummy easter cupcakes. Enjoy!
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 7 tbsp splenda Granulated Sweetener
- 150g low fat spread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 100g chopped chocolate (optional)
- 250g tub low fat soft cheese
- 4 tbsp splenda Granulated Sweetener
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- A few drops of food colouring (of your choice)
- A few mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190ºC/fan 170ºC. Line a 12-hole bun tin with fairy cake cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in splenda. In another bowl, beat the low fat spread with an electric whisk until softened, and then gradually add the beaten egg, then the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture using a metal spoon or plastic spatula; fold in the milk and then add the chocolate
- Spoon into the cases and bake for 12-20 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing from the tin.
- For the frosting, whisk the soft cheese, splenda and icing sugar and add the food colouring of your choice.
- Spread over the cooled cakes and decorate with mini eggs.
- You can add any decorations you wish on the top :)