Countdown to Christmas – Yummy Trifle
If you love your puddings then this one is a must! It’s a massive with the kids too and dead simple to make!
- 2 sachets sugar free orange jelly
- 2 Mullerlite Orange yogurt with chocolate bits
- 1 large orange (you can use a can of mandarin oranges to save time)
- 1 x 250g pot Quark (find in the soft cheese aisle)
- 1 sachet Cadburys Highlights dark chocolate flavour
- Splenda sweetener to taste.
- Make up one sachet jelly.
- While it cools, peel slice and pith an orange (or open a can) and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place in bottom of trifle dish, pour the jelly over the top and leave to cool in fridge until set.
- Make up 2nd jelly, using as little boiling water as possible.
- Allow to cool a little and then mix with the 2 pots yogurt, making the mixture up to 1 pint with cold water if necessary.
- Pour over the set jelly and return to fridge.
- When set, mix sachet of Highlights to make a paste using only a bit of hot water, Add the Quark.
- Sweeten and mix well to form a paste.
- Spread this over the trifle.
- Decorate with orange segments or grated chocolate.
- You can also change the flavour of your yogurt so make alternative tasting trifles and change the fruit and jelly accordingly