A good easy hearty meal to warm the cockles on any miserable day. Perfect for the whole family to enjoy together
- 4 good sized skinless chicken legs
- 6 shallots, coarsely sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 300ml dry white wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- 3-4 large tomatoes, quartered and deseeded
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and spray a shallow casserole dish with Frylight.
- Pan-fry the chicken over a medium heat, turning until golden on both sides. Remove from the pan and put to one side.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the shallots and mushrooms, stirring occasionally until they are beginning to soften.
- Add the white wine and tomato puree followed by the stock whilst stirring continuously.
- Return the chicken to the pan and bring the ingredients to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for about an hour or until the chicken is cooked through thoroughly.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly so any excess fat that settles on the surface can be skimmed off before adding the tomatoes.
- Return to the heat without the lid while the tomatoes soften and the liquid reduces down to the required consistency.