Cheese & Onion Sandwich
A quick and easy and oh-so-tasty lunch in minutes – great for an on-the-go lunch sandwich
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 3 tbsp low fat natural cottage cheese
- 15g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Put the spring onions, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese and parsley into a bowl.
- Season to taste and mix well.
- Spread the mixture over one slice of bread and sandwich together with another.
- This sandwich goes well with celery sticks and salad.
- Tip: Use two slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (6 Syns or a Healthy Extra b choice). Or you could use a wholemeal roll, rye bread, crisp breads or a Free wrap made from firm lettuce leaves, such as iceberg or romaine