Carrot and coriander soup
The cheapest soup you’ll ever make (possibly) to the grand total of £1.83! It’s yummy and serves about 4 people. Perfect for freezing too
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 450g/1lb carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1.2 litresl/2 pints vegetable stock
- large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
- Stir in the ground coriander and season well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander and serve.